Pages

Friday, October 3, 2014

Adoption Love Link-Up

So, there is this AMAZING girl, Kristen, and we have never met... EVER. She is gorgeous, kind, heartfelt, honest, and the adoptive mom, to the most GORGEOUS little baby ever! Not only that, she is also the mommy to her angel baby, Evelyn, who is in the arms of her Father in Heaven!  She is so strong, and amazing!!!   Its been awe inspiring reading her story, seeing a tiny bit into her life, and just loving her!
So, she started something so fun, and intriguing; Adoption Love Link-Up(see side bar). 
I am lucky enough to be part of the link up party!!!  So here is my first ever Adoption Love INTRO!!!

My name is Jena - I am 30 something, and i LOVE adoption.
The life that lead me to adoption wasn't anything truly crazy or extravagant, or even interesting.
I was in HS, and became involved with a boy out of high school. He was "so cute", and "so cool", and made me feel like I was so cute and cool too.  But I also felt stuck, and scared, and many other things. 
In that relationship I became pregnant, after 3 months of dating. We spend the next 8 months going up and down in our relationship, all while trying to navigate what to do with this child we'd created. 
In the end, we chose adoption. He stayed around to help me through, and wasn't TOTALLY bad, but we were toxic. He was there, signed the relinquishment papers together, and was there to place our son into the arms of his amazing mom and dad.

I am now 11 years and 2 days post placement, and I DO NOT regret my choice to place at all. I know that little man is EXACTLY where he was meant to be. I feel blessed and honored to be his Birth Mom. Though getting there wasn't glamorous or cool, I am proud of what it taught me, and continues to teach me. 
He is so smart, loving, caring, and handsome. He has the best mom and dad that have given him every opportunity to search out his joys, his talents, and love of life. They are GORGEOUS, and their families are just as amazing!  I wish I lived closer so I could love on them all more, but we know its OK this way!  

I am also a Mommy to 3 1/2 littles. Lou, Roo, Bubba, and little Miss #4 is due in February.
I love playing with my littles, coloring, and singing and having dance parties all day!  My hubby supports my crazy love for adoption, and you can see him blog here too!(though very sporadically) He is a huge support and push to achieve my dreams with adoption!

I am a Mom, a wife, daughter in law, sis in law, sister, and daughter:)  SO MUCH MORE.
I am a write for BTG, and love public speaking.I am part of an amazing community at Open Adoption, Open Heart, and LOVE those I've come in contact with because of adoption!!!

I can't wait to continue this journey, and now be part of this amazing link-up!  I hope to make more friends, and have more fun than ever!!!  

-Jena


4 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! SO glad you joined!!! Can't wait to read all your monthly topic posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing! As an adoptive mother, I love reading the stories of birth moms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really interesting! Thanks so much for sharing your perspective. Only knowing adoption from the adoptive parent side, this is a wonderful story to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete