Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Education Pt-2

This whole "schedule" thing that you can do on here is great... cause its moments after I've scheduled the first that I can come back and have another ready for later.

I want to clarify a few things regarding education, or mostly regarding my comment on being a stay at home mom. Here is my first thing... I know that going to college isn't for everyone. I know that it doesn't make a person any worse or better than another(ha, yes, i just said that after saying I am a failure). I know that you can still be successful in life even without a degree.  I do know, as well, that it can make things a lot EASIER if you do have a degree.  My dad made a comment to me a while back, that had he taken eve just one class per semester, he'd have his PH.D right now, and be making over 100,000.00 a year(doing what he loves to do).  He has been very... adamant.. that the members of my family go to school NOW. He knows how difficult it can/will be, but he also knows that it will be worth it.  And to me, it seems so daunting. Trying to go to school with 3 kids... but people do it ALL THE TIME right?   I also know, that if I wasn't in the current situation, then I'd probably not feel this way, at least not to this degree. 

Another part of my destination, trying to have the faith in my Heavenly Father to guide me and help me be able to do the things I need to.  Both with school, work, and my Family.

Being a Stay at Home Mom:  I hope that I didn't come off sounding like being a mom is a bad thing, that being a stay at home mom isn't ... important.  Honestly, I never want to "work" again.  I wish i could stay here, EVERY SINGLE DAY, and help shape these Little's of mine.  I think there is no better calling in this world than being a woman, and being able to do all the things we do. I LOVE being able to carry my children, and bring them into this world(oh how I wish my adoption friends could too) another post for another day).  I love holding them, and singing to them, teaching them.  I love listening to my daughter count to 100, and want to learn more. I love reading to them, and watching their eyes light up as they see and hear something new.  Being a mom is a HUGE job, cleaning, cooking, driving everyone everywhere.  Its a lot of work. I think those mothers that work and are moms are INSANELY tough. I have worked on and off in the last 4 1/2 years, and the last job I had was the worst, only because EVERY TIME I would leave for work, little Lou(my #1 K), would scream and cry and cry, even after I left.  It is so hard!  i hate thinking of starting that all over... with 3 now!


So I guess, go to school if its right for you, or maybe even if its not. Take one class at a time. 

I am a memeber of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, also known as a Mormon.
In my faith we are taught : "For members of the Church, education is not merely a good idea—it’s a commandment. We are to learn “of things both in heaven and in the earth, and under the earth; things which have been, things which are, things which must shortly come to pass; things which are at home, things which are abroad." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Second Counselor in the First Presidency, October 2009 General Conference.
Its also stated in another book of scripture, Doctrine & Covenants 88:79-80
 
I really need to start dong some research!
 
All in all, our lives can be bettered by education. At least mine can. Even if it is just to be able to teach my children.




No comments:

Post a Comment