Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

it started...

I was never a... we'll say... scandalous, girl in high school. I was never much more than friends with most of the boys. I had crushes on many, but I was always just the friend. I was fine with that. I LOVED my friends. I enjoyed that we could all go have big group sleep overs, and my parents trusted me and knew that we would be good. And that it was FRIENDS out being good and having fun.  And I can HONESTLY say that is what we were doing, being good and having fun! There were so many different "groups" that I hung out with too. Many different girls who were all doing different things. I was happy that I had so many great friends. They were always there for each other, and we always had fun. Who knew you could have so much fun in a small town:).

I had a High School boyfriend. We had dated on and off since I was a Sophomore, and then he left to serve a 2 year mission for my church. I knew that I wanted to date and experience life while he was away. I did, however, want to see what would happen when he got home. He was everything I imagined in my future husband. I wanted someone who was good, honest, happy. I REALLY wanted someone who loved their family, respected their mom, and loved the gospel.

I didn't do anything amazing throughout high school. Mostly just hanging with the girls, the guys, and doing my best at the whole idea of homework(that failed horribly). I danced, and I loved it. I'd only started my Sophomore year of HS, so being that i FINALLY was starting to get the hang of it(that's how I felt anyway) the future months would be a huge blow to a lifelong dream. I didn't get any recognitions for amazing work, or good grades. But I got along with all my teachers, and all the students. School was more of a social gathering at the time. I wanted to go to school. I wanted to be an English teacher, a photographer, and I wanted to do hair. I'd always dreamed of going to some HUGE amazing hair school in California or somewhere. Of course, after I did the real college thing.

I had a close knit group of friends, and was friends with practically everyone else as well. I was never the super popular girl, but I liked knowing people. That HS boyfriend, like I said previously, left in late September to serve a mission for the LDS church my Senior year of High School. I wasn't nearly devastated, but excited for the future. It was hard to have him go, and to not be able to see him for 2 years. The night he left was super hard.(yes i cried lots, and didn't know if i could handle the next 2 years) But I was excited to date, and to be with my friends and just hang out.  I wasn't planning on becoming serious with any  boy. I especially wasn't planning or looking to date anyone that wasn't in High School.

I honestly can't even begin to believe how little it took to get me to where I would be.  I remember how excited I was for my LAST YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL. I was so excited for all that awaited! Graduation, parties, friends, dances, EVERYTHING.  I was looking forward to moving and going to school somewhere new. And I was going to work hard and have the best year ever.

What was I thinking then... what was I thinking when I made that first choice to LIKE that person?

No comments:

Post a Comment